We are an alive, young, innovative and enterprising body. R&D and new technologies are the basis of our future projection. Also, we are a decentralized, diverse and participative institution. In our three campuses there is a space for the main part of the knowledge fields. We are a body highly connected to the socio-economic fabric of our area of influence. This means an active commitment to the scientific and business thriving of the Galician community. One of our main missions is to set the structural fabric so that the transference of knowledge becomes a fruitful reality.
The corporate identity gathers the symbols which represent the University in order to achieve an intern unity as well as a coherent, strong and representative external projection of our values—a brand with presence in the environments in which is contextualized.
- Express our values.
- Facilitate the adaptation to the European Higher Education Area.
- Extend the perception of the University of Vigo as a driver of change of its socioeconomic context.
- Become more appealing for our target public—future students.
- External projection of the institution—place the institution in the higher education context and connect it with the scientific community and with the social and economic agents.
- Become one of the distinguishing agents compared to the competence.
- Achieve the intern unity of the university community thanks to an identity symbol which represents our diversity.
The current corporate identity of the University was established in October 2008 pursuing an updated transformation in compliance with the new scenario. The European higher education market demands to apply the logic of the territory of brands and understand the image of the University of Vigo as a tangible value of the institution and as a proper vehicle of its values.
From this starting point, the process of settlement of this brand was divided in three parts. Firstly, an international competition in which more than 600 designs came from all around the world. Secondly, it was selected a proposal among 5 studies based on the two winning proposals. Finally, the development of the corporate identity and the applications as well as the production of the Guide of corporate identity.
The use of the logo will be authorised exclusively for the Universidade de Vigo's own purposes. Under no circumstances will it grant the user the right of exclusivity, nor will it allow him/her to appropriate the aforementioned emblem or similar by means of registration or any other procedure. Authorisation will be presumed in the case of its use in activities carried out by members of the university community organised in this institution.
Models with institutional format
To help you develop your daily activities, we offer a variety of resources in institutional format:
The models and tips needed for this edition can also be requested from Imaxe by e-mail email@example.com or by phone +34 986 813 411.
Background for videos
There are various corporate funds recommended for our educational and divulgative videos produced within the institution. They are organised in four carpets, one for each campus and one for each type of campus, with neutral backgrounds to be used in a common way. In general, backgrounds with cool colours (azul añil) and neutral colours (grey) work best as backgrounds.
- Ourense Campus: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
- Pontevedra Campus: 1 | 2 | 3
- Vigo Campus: 1 | 2 | 3
- General: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
For a detailed copy of this material, please contact UVigoTV by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Openings and endings for videos
Below you can download the following motion graphics to add to the beginning and end of your videos.
If you have any questions, you can contact UVigoTV by email email@example.com.
Gifs of the Universidade de Vigo's official mascot
In the following link you can download the gifs of our mascot Oli to download:
Due to the changes generated by covid-19 and with the aim of offering immediate solutions to the university community, from the Image Area, in collaboration with the Occupational Risk Prevention Service, we designed a series of products designed to keep the distance between people and to follow the hygiene recommendations in order to avoid the contagions.
The Image Area aims at advising the university community for the proper use of graphic symbols that represent the institution. Thus would enable to strengthen and clarify the intern communication and project an excellent coherent external image. This advice is based on three points:
- Management of the symbols and elements of the corporate identity and advice for the university community, the advertising agencies and press. This fact will enable to produce graphic materials respecting that aesthetic and the objectives of the institution reinforcing its image.
- Design and layout of the graphic materials for the institutional publicity campaigns.
- Advice regarding the aesthetic lines to be followed when producing graphic and advertising materials for the university community.
The Image Area advices the members of the institution for the proper interpretation of the guide.
Local A11, Centro Comercial da Cidade Universitaria
As Lagoas, Marcosende
+34 986 813 411