The University Library offers a wide set of information resources, facilities and services to support learning, teaching and research-oriented activities.
The University Library is accessible in the three campus through a network of eleven libraries coordinated by the central library of the University campus of Vigo. It is part of the Vice-chancellorship of Research.
Although mainly targeted at members of the university community, the library allows access to people outside the University of Vigo as external users.
If you are a new or foreign student and you would like to know how to take your first steps in the library, check our Guide for newly enrolled students or the Guide for international students (in English).
The library is managed with a quality management system certified according to ISO 9001 standard. Likewise, the library is part of cooperative environments such as Rebiun, CISUG (formerly Bugalicia Consortium), Dialnet and UNICi2.
IMPORTANT NOTICE (14th May 2021)
Given the orders of the Consellería de Sanidade of the Xunta de Galicia, the maximum permitted capacity of the libraries corresponds to 50% of the study seats.
Please, take into account that for people outside the university community, according to the Instructions for the reopening of the study rooms of the libraries of the University of Vigo, it is necessary to have an external user card of the University Library into effect in order to be granted access. In any case, if half of the seats offered by the library are taken (or labelled “unavailable”), their use by external users may be restricted so that they are available to members of the university community.
Information about opening hours and each library’s capacity are provided on the “Libraries” page from our website. Go to your library’s website here to check which library seats are available (choose the library and press the "send" button).
- Central Vigo Library: 8:30am - 9pm
- Central Ourense Library: 8:30am - 9pm
- Central Pontevedra Library: 8:30am - 9pm
- Economics & Business Sciences Library:8:30am - 8:45pm
- Experimental Sciences Library: 9:00 - 18:45 8:30am - 8:45pm
- Fine Arts Library: 8:30am - 8:45pm
- Industrial-Mining Library: 8:30am - 8:45pm
- Legal & Labour Sciences Library: 8:30am - 8:45pm
- Philology & Translation Library: 8:30am - 8:45pm
- Telecommunication Engineering Library: 8:30am - 8:45pm
- Torrecedeira Library: 8:30am - 9pm
* During these special hours, libraries only provide a service of study space, but not other ordinary services such as consultation of freely accessible bibliographic materials, loan, interlibrary loan, access to electronic resources, etc.
Library rules326.32 KB 72.73 KB 162.67 KB 223.65 KB 44.02 KB